- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons ice wine (eiswein) or other sweet white dessert wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, preferably aged
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 2-pound cantaloupe—halved, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 pound burrata (cream-filled mozzarella) or fresh buffalo mozzarella, at room temperature, cut into 4 slices
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 cups baby arugula (1-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the ice wine, olive oil and Champagne and balsamic vinegars and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, drizzle the cantaloupe with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange the slices on plates.
- Set a slice of burrata on the melon and drizzle the plates with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- Drape a slice of prosciutto over the cheese.
- In the shallow dish, toss the arugula with the remaining dressing.
- Top the salads with the arugula and serve right away
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More