- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 Cantaloupe melon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic, squeezed
- 50 ml of olive oil
- juice of two lemons
- salt and pepper according to taste
- a few leaves of fresh mint to garnish
- 1 Remove seeds and peel from the melon and cut the melon in small pieces
- 2 Peel the cucumber and cut into small pieces
- 3 Put the melon, cucumber with the olive oil and lemon juice in a blender and mix well.
- 4 Season with pepper and salt to taste
- 5 Chill it in the fridge overnight
- 6 Serve cool and garnished with a few leaves of mint.
NotesFrom my favourite newspaper the "Leeuwarder Courant". This one is from July 30th 2014 and written by Klaas Kasma in his daily column "Klaas kookt". I love it cause it's so easy to prepare and delicious on a hot summer day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Get Fit With Good Food!
Get Cookin'See More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More