- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 Cantaloupe melon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic, squeezed
- 50 ml of olive oil
- juice of two lemons
- salt and pepper according to taste
- a few leaves of fresh mint to garnish
- 1 Remove seeds and peel from the melon and cut the melon in small pieces
- 2 Peel the cucumber and cut into small pieces
- 3 Put the melon, cucumber with the olive oil and lemon juice in a blender and mix well.
- 4 Season with pepper and salt to taste
- 5 Chill it in the fridge overnight
- 6 Serve cool and garnished with a few leaves of mint.
NotesFrom my favourite newspaper the "Leeuwarder Courant". This one is from July 30th 2014 and written by Klaas Kasma in his daily column "Klaas kookt". I love it cause it's so easy to prepare and delicious on a hot summer day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More