- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb medium shrimp (71-90 shrimp per lb)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/8 cup water
- In a wok over medium high heat, cook the garlic and shrimp in the oil for 3 minutes or until they just turn pink, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the ginger, pepper, peas, sake, oyster sauce, and chicken broth. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until peas are tender but still slightly crisp.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the wok and stir until thick and clear, about another minute.
NotesThis is based very loosely on a P.F. Changs recipe. I tried it there, liked it okay, but thought that I could do much better, and so I did =) Their version has green onions, which I dislike. Feel free to add them back in if you so desire.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More