- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup parsley
- 5 large cloves garlic, divided
- 1(35-ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained (save liquid)
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, rinsed and dried on paper towels
- Coarse salt
- ½ pound capellini (angel hair) pasta
- 1. Finely chop the parsley in a food processor for 10 seconds; set aside.
- 2. Drop 3 garlic cloves into tube and process 10 seconds. Add tomatoes and chop coarsely, 3 pulses.
- 3. Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, tomatoes reserved tomato liquid, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir often until tomato liquid has reduced to half or more.
- 4. Meanwhile, finely chop the basil, 6 to 8 pulses, and with motor running, add 2 tablespoons olive oil through tube; set aside.
- 5. If using medium shrimp, cut in half and sprinkle with coarse salt; set aside.
- 6. Cut remaining 2 garlic cloves in half lengthwise.
- 7. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic halves. When browned, remove and discard garlic.
- 8. Cook shrimp in oil, tossing, until pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes; reduce heat and stir in tomato mixture and basil-oil paste. Keep warm.
- 9. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and run cold water over it to stop cooking. Drain well again. Add pasta to shrimp mix and heat, tossing to coat. Taste and correct the seasonings.
- 10. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and a generous grinding of black pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More