Capellini with Shrimp
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
½ cup parsley
5 large cloves garlic, divided
1(35-ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained (save liquid)
½ cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper
2 cups fresh basil
1 pound medium shrimp, rinsed and dried on paper towels
½ pound capellini (angel hair) pasta
1. Finely chop the parsley in a food processor for 10 seconds; set aside.
2. Drop 3 garlic cloves into tube and process 10 seconds. Add tomatoes and chop coarsely, 3 pulses.
3. Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, tomatoes reserved tomato liquid, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir often until tomato liquid has reduced to half or more.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop the basil, 6 to 8 pulses, and with motor running, add 2 tablespoons olive oil through tube; set aside.
5. If using medium shrimp, cut in half and sprinkle with coarse salt; set aside.
6. Cut remaining 2 garlic cloves in half lengthwise.
7. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic halves. When browned, remove and discard garlic.
8. Cook shrimp in oil, tossing, until pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes; reduce heat and stir in tomato mixture and basil-oil paste. Keep warm.
9. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and run cold water over it to stop cooking. Drain well again. Add pasta to shrimp mix and heat, tossing to coat. Taste and correct the seasonings.
10. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and a generous grinding of black pepper.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Seafood