- Cooking Time: 22 to 27
- Preparation Time:
- For Brownie layer:
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ sticks butter (3/4 cup) cut in pieces
- 2 Tabsp instant espresso powder, dissolved in ½ Tabsp boiling water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teasp. Vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all –purpose flour
- ½ teasp. Salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- For cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- ¾ stick butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teasp vanilla
- 1 teasp. Cinnamon
- Make brownie layer:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 pan with Pam and line pan with parchment first so it is easy to remove brownies with out breaking them.
- Melt chocolate with butter and espresso mixture in a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Wisk in sugar and vanilla and add eggs 1 at a time, whisking until batter is smooth.
- Stir in flour and salt until just combined then stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake in middle of oven until top is firm and a tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs adhering. 22-27 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack at least 2 hours.
- Make cream cheese layer:
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, then sift in confectioners sugar and add vanilla and cinnamon, beating until mixture is well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled brownie layer and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
NotesThese are the most decadent brownies I have ever eaten. I have had the recipe for a number of years and have modified it several times to come up with this wonderful decadent brownie. It takes a lot of time to make but the results are really worth it. I have served these at a formal dinner for dessert to rave reviews.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More