- Cooking Time: 22 to 27
- Preparation Time:
- For Brownie layer:
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ sticks butter (3/4 cup) cut in pieces
- 2 Tabsp instant espresso powder, dissolved in ½ Tabsp boiling water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 teasp. Vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all –purpose flour
- ½ teasp. Salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- For cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- ¾ stick butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teasp vanilla
- 1 teasp. Cinnamon
- Make brownie layer:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13 pan with Pam and line pan with parchment first so it is easy to remove brownies with out breaking them.
- Melt chocolate with butter and espresso mixture in a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- Wisk in sugar and vanilla and add eggs 1 at a time, whisking until batter is smooth.
- Stir in flour and salt until just combined then stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake in middle of oven until top is firm and a tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs adhering. 22-27 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack at least 2 hours.
- Make cream cheese layer:
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, then sift in confectioners sugar and add vanilla and cinnamon, beating until mixture is well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled brownie layer and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
NotesThese are the most decadent brownies I have ever eaten. I have had the recipe for a number of years and have modified it several times to come up with this wonderful decadent brownie. It takes a lot of time to make but the results are really worth it. I have served these at a formal dinner for dessert to rave reviews.
Decadent Desserts Made From
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More