- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee extract
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix flour, powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy in mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add coffee extract.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and half and half, beating till smooth.
- Pour into prepared tins and bake 25 min. or till tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Frost with cream cheese-mascarpone frosting and dust with cinnamon.
NotesI can't remember which of my cupcake cookbooks I got the cake recipe from, but a friend gave me the recipe for the frosting and said, "Here, create a cupcake around this!" No problem, I LOVE anything coffee. These were for a ravioli party I had and they were gone in minutes. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More