- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp custard powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- To Assemble
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil or spray. For base, melt butter and stir in sugar. Sift cocoa powder into mixture and blend well. Whisk together egg and vanilla extract and add. Blend in chocolate cookie crumbs, coconut and chopped walnuts until evenly incorporated. Press into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then chill for 20 minutes.
- For cappuccino filling, beat butter by hand until smooth and beat in custard powder. Heat milk with coffee powder to dissolve and cool to room temperature. Add milk to butter mixture a stir in sifted icing sugar a cup at a time, combining well. Spread over base and chill while preparing topping.
- For topping, melt chocolate and butter over a pot of gently simmering water. Pour over vanilla filling and spread to cover evenly. Chill for 30 minutes.
- To serve, slice with a hot, dry knife into 1-inch squares.
- Yield: 1 8-inch square pan.
- Recipe from Anna Olsen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More