- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups hot espresso coffee
- 1 cup coffee liqueur or brandy
- 2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Stir together eggs, granulated sugar and salt in heavy Dutch oven.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly, just until mixture coats a metal spoon; remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir together coffee and liqueur.
- Gradually stir coffee mixture into egg mixture; keep warm.
- Just before serving, beat whipping cream and brown sugar in chilled large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Gently stir 2 cups of the whipped cream into egg mixture.
- Pour into mugs. Top with dollops of remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- Immediately refrigerate any remaining nog.
- Prep Time:20 min
- Start to Finish:40 min
- Makes:16 servings (about 3/4 cup each)
NotesWhat happens when eggnog meets cappuccino? Find out when you make this recipe. You don't even need an espresso machine!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More