- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups hot espresso coffee
- 1 cup coffee liqueur or brandy
- 2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Stir together eggs, granulated sugar and salt in heavy Dutch oven.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly, just until mixture coats a metal spoon; remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir together coffee and liqueur.
- Gradually stir coffee mixture into egg mixture; keep warm.
- Just before serving, beat whipping cream and brown sugar in chilled large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Gently stir 2 cups of the whipped cream into egg mixture.
- Pour into mugs. Top with dollops of remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- Immediately refrigerate any remaining nog.
- Prep Time:20 min
- Start to Finish:40 min
- Makes:16 servings (about 3/4 cup each)
NotesWhat happens when eggnog meets cappuccino? Find out when you make this recipe. You don't even need an espresso machine!
Taste of CenturyLink
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More