- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThese are very impressive and easy.. oh and GOOD
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) Frozen Puff Pastry Shells
- 2 bars (1 ounce each) dark chocolate
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder or granules
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup candy toffee bits
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Bake and cool the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Finely chop 1 chocolate bar. Shave the remaining chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler to make chocolate curls. Set aside.
- Stir the espresso powder and water in a medium bowl until dissolved. Add the cream and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the toffee bits and the chopped chocolate into the cream.
- Divide the mixture among the pastry shells. Sift the cinnamon over the filling and top with the chocolate curls. Cover and refrigerate the shells for at least 1 hour before serving.
- TIP: To make chocolate curls, warm chocolate by holding in your hand for 30 seconds. Pull a vegetable peeler along edge of chocolate to make curls.
- Easy Substitution Tip: You can substitute 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping for heavy cream and sugar.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Vegan Roadie's 5 Ingredient Challenge Cookbook - Season One
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More