- Cooking Time: 1 minute
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Heirloom or Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, ends discarded and sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella, sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
- For the Basil Oil:
- 2 cups basil
- ice bath
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the Basil Sea Salt:
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
- For the Basil Oil: Blanche basil in boiling water. Shock in ice bath and set aside.
- Place basil into a blender with ½ cup olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt and puree until smooth. Pass through a fine chinois or strainer.
- For the Basil Sea Salt: Crush dried basil with a mortar and pestle until it becomes a powder. Mix with 1 tsp sea salt. Set aside.
- To Plate: Place alternating slices of tomato and mozzarella in the center of the plate, starting and ending with a tomato slice (you should have three slices of tomato and two slices of mozzarella). Repeat with the other three tomatoes. Top with a fresh basil leaf.
- Drizzle basil oil over tomatoes and around plate. Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar (careful not to use too much).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More