- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen you get a bunch of BakeSpace peeps together, talking about food, you're gonna get ideas and they are going to be outrageous sometimes but you find they're intriguing. When Captain Crunch French Toast came up (btw, Captain Crunch is my favorite children's cereal), I just had to investigate.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 slices of french bread
- 2 cups Captain Crunch Cereal, crushed
- oil for pan
- combine the eggs, milk and vanilla in a wide, shallow bowl
- put cereal in another wide shallow bowl
- dip bread in egg mixture then coat with cereal
- heat oil in a pan.
- cook coated bread over a medium hot pan, being careful not to burn (the cereal will burn rather quickly) on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.