- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/3 Lemon
- 1/3 stick butter
- (recipe is per person)
- Start heating up water in a double boiler.
- Add the butter to the upper pan in chunks.
- Separate out the yolks from the eggs.
- Put your lemon juice aside.
- Once the butter is melted, remove it from the stove.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- When the mixture has cooled slightly, add in the yolks and whisk thoroughly before returning to heat.
- Slowly heat up the hollendaise mixture, stirring as necessary to keep it form separating.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove from heat and serve immediately.
NotesThis was my Grandfather's recipe. I learned when I was young, though it will take a lifetime to perfect. Eggs Benedict was a tradition in my family, and I am happy to continue following in his footsteps. I make it for my family and friends, and believe it is a great way to woo a newcomer in the fold.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cooking with SabraSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More