- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3 cups Better for Bread bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast
- Make Caramelized Onions.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook onions in butter 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are brown and caramelized; remove from heat.
- Measure out 1/2 Cup for the bread.
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except onions in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add onions at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
- Select Basic/White cycle.
- Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Do not use delay cycle.
- Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf (1 1/2 pounds), 12 slices