- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- First Layer:
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) caramels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups pecans, chopped in small pieces, roasted
- Second Layer:
- 2 cups powdered sugar (10X), sifted
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs (may use eggbeaters)
- 4 sq. (1 oz. ea.) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Third Layer:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups thawed whipped topping
- Decorative Topping:
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- few caramels, melted
- 1 sq. (1 oz.) chocolate, melted
- First Layer: Put caramels, butter and whipping cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until caramels and butter melt (use a whisk for this). Remove from heat and stir until completely smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into baked pie shell. Refrigerate, covered, for several hours until firm.
- Second Layer: Beat sugar with butter in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate; stir in vanilla extract. Mix well; spread on top of cool, firm caramel layer. Chill until ready to add cream cheese layer.
- Third layer: Mix cream cheese, milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped tipping. Carefully spread over chocolate mixture.
- Decorative Topping: Using pastry bag (or sandwich-type bag with corner snipped off), "Pipe" one continuous line of whipped cream around edge of cream cheese mixture, next to crust. Next, put dollops of whipped cream all over pie (circle shape , about 1 inch across- again, using pastry bag). Place pecan halves on top of pie. Keep chilled.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More