- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups crisp apples (like Cortland, Red Delicious, or Fuji), peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup carmael candy corn
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9x9 inch glass dish with cooking spray. Don't be stingy!
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients except for apples and caramels, stir until just combined.
- Fold in apples and caramels.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 - 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and crusty and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before running a knife around the edges and tipping out.
- Slice into squares and serve upside down, so caramel drips over the sides.
NotesThe whole story of what began as a major Cake Fail is here: http://jojobean26.blogspot.com/2009/11/cake-fail.html
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More