- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups crisp apples (like Cortland, Red Delicious, or Fuji), peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup carmael candy corn
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9x9 inch glass dish with cooking spray. Don't be stingy!
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients except for apples and caramels, stir until just combined.
- Fold in apples and caramels.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 - 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and crusty and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before running a knife around the edges and tipping out.
- Slice into squares and serve upside down, so caramel drips over the sides.
NotesThe whole story of what began as a major Cake Fail is here: http://jojobean26.blogspot.com/2009/11/cake-fail.html
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Vegan Eats!See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More