- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- FILLING: 1/3 cup chopped unpeeled apple,
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- DOUGH: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 cups all-purpose flour
- TOPPING:1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, Green toothpicks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt; beat well.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls.
- Flatten and place 1/4 teaspoon filling in center of each.
- Fold dough over filling and reshape into balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook caramels are melted.
- Insert a toothpick into each cookie and dip into caramel until completely coated.
- Dip bottoms into nuts. Place on wire racks to set.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Nick's PicksSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More