- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups diced apples, canned or fresh
- 3 sticks butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- To make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar, eggs and oil.
- Add flour and mix together until well blended. Add vanilla, nuts and diced apples.
- Spread into a lightly greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When cake is done, punch holes in it with a knife and pour topping over.
- To make topping:
- Heat all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for about 2 minutes.
- Pour over warm cake.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More