- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups diced apples, canned or fresh
- 3 sticks butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- To make cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar, eggs and oil.
- Add flour and mix together until well blended. Add vanilla, nuts and diced apples.
- Spread into a lightly greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When cake is done, punch holes in it with a knife and pour topping over.
- To make topping:
- Heat all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for about 2 minutes.
- Pour over warm cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More