- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2c butter
- 1/4c whipping cream
- 1c brown sugar
- 1/2c chopped pecans
- 21/3c cooking apples, peeled,cored, and sliced thinly
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4c water
- 1/3c vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4tsp apple pie spice
- 2/3c white frosting
- 1/2c whipped topping
- Caramel topping
- Heat oven to 350.
- In 1-qt heavy saucepan cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally just until butter is melted. Pour into 13X9 pan. Sprinkle with pecans: top with sliced apples.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix,water, oil,eggs, and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened; then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over apple mixture. Bake 40-45 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn platter and pan over. Remove pan.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping. Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzle with caramel topping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More