CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE BARS W/STREUSEL TOPPING
- 2 c. AP flour
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. plus 2 T. sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & finely chopped
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
- 1/2 c. caramel topping
- Streusel Topping:
- Makes about 1 cup
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 c. AP flour
- 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
Cut in butter w/a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
Press evenly into a 13x9x2 inch baking pan lined w/heavy duty aluminum foil.
Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese w/an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Beat in 1/2 c. sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, 2 T. sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.
Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle evenly w/Streusel Topping.
Bake 30 minutes or until filling is set.
Drizzle w/caramel topping.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
I found this recipe on thenest.com. It sounds wonderful but I haven't tried it yet. the nestie was jamaicamama and she got it from Paula Deen