- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 12 pecan halves
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Reserve 3/4 cup of apple pie filling and set aside.
- Spoon remaining pie filling into crust. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth then add eggs and mix well. Pour over apple filling in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix reserved apple filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan. Heat for about 1 minute. Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake. Spread caramel sauce evenly over. Decorate with pecan halves around edge. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Chill until ready to serve.
NotesA neat twist for an autumn dinner! My family loves this cheesecake, I make it at Thanksgiving, which is our family traditional time to gather and come together. And it doesn't hurt to do a lil' family bonding over cheesecake!
Breads and Pastry 101
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More