- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA neat twist for an autumn dinner! My family loves this cheesecake, I make it at Thanksgiving, which is our family traditional time to gather and come together. And it doesn't hurt to do a lil' family bonding over cheesecake!
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 12 pecan halves
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Reserve 3/4 cup of apple pie filling and set aside.
- Spoon remaining pie filling into crust. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth then add eggs and mix well. Pour over apple filling in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix reserved apple filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan. Heat for about 1 minute. Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake. Spread caramel sauce evenly over. Decorate with pecan halves around edge. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Chill until ready to serve.