- Cooking Time: 36
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryCourtesy of Paula Deen
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the apple filling; set aside.
- Spoon the remaining filling into the crust. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix the reserved pie filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan and heat for about 1 minute, or until spreadable. Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.