- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Eggs, at room temp
- 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Rome apples (about 1 lb), peeled and shredded
- 1 C Dark Brown sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 salt
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in oil and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined; stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared/greased donut pan.
- Bake until golden about 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool
- Combine brown sugar, milk, butter and salt in a mediu saucepan.
- Bring to a boil sitting constantly.
- Reduce heat, simmer until thick.
- Remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer on medium.
- Let cool.
- Frost donuts as desired.
NotesFound this recipe in Rachel Ray's magazine, but altered the caramel topping.... the one she listed turned hard and was unpleasant to eat after it's cooled. So I changed it up. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More