- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 10 caramels, cut into 6 pieces each
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups peeled, chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- melted butter
- cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar, if desired
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten each roll into a 4-5 inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while preparing filling. In a medium bowl, combine caramels, flour, apples, pecans, ice cream topping and lemon juice. Remove wrap from dough and place 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each dough circle. Brush edges of dough with milk and fold in half. Seal edges with a fork. Place on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar, if desired.
NotesYour first bite into a caramel apple is a quick way to remind yourself that Fall is here. Try these delicious empanadas with a caramel apple inside every bite.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More