- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; arrange apple slices in bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Top evenly with raisins; set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly over apple mixture.
- Combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan; bring to boiling.
- Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set in center.
- Spoon warm individual servings into dessert dishes, inverting each portion.
- Spoon caramel-apple mixture from the pan over each portion.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cooking with SabraSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More