- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish; arrange apple slices in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Top evenly with raisins; set aside.
- 3. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add milk, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly over apple mixture.
- 4. Combine caramel topping, water, and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan; bring to boiling. Pour caramel mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
NotesI was looking through some of my "to try recipes" that I have been bookmarking. I saw this Caramel Apple Pudding Cake and decided to give it a try. Since I did not have store bought caramel sauce I made it myself. The recipe will follow the cake recipe. The cake recipe came from Better Homes & Gardens. The Cake was really good. I will definitely make it again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce