- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 5 large golden delicious or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced 1" thick
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/3 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- Thick cream & powered sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly butter a 3 quart baking dish.
- Place apples in the prepared dish.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, add sugar, milk, butter and egg, then beat until pale. Spread mixture over the apples.
- Place brown sugar, golden syrup and 1 1/3 cups water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to boil without stirring.
- Pour over the pudding batter, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Dust with powered sugar and serve with cream.
- Serves 6
NotesThis tasty pudding reminds me of apple picking time. Granny had many apple trees, fall was always good for the fair and the pudding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More