- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/8 cup rolled oats (optional) if you like the crunch/texture :)
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cold unsalted butter, diced into cubes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 Granny Smith Apple, diced -save half for topping-
- 1/2 Tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Final Touch
- 1/2 Container of T Marzetti Apple Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cream butter in mixer, then add sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy. Add eggs and beat another 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Alternate flour with milk into mixture. Starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Lightly fold one of the diced apples into the batter. Take an ice cream scoop and divide into muffin tins about 3/4 full Place remaining diced apple on top of cupcakes. Mix all ingredients for streusel topping by hand until lightly crumbly. You want a coarse texture.
- Top cupcakes with Streusel Topping Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat some T Marzetti Caramel Apple Dip and place into a piping bag (you can use a ziplock with the end snipped) and drizzle over your cupcakes. I also like to fill my cupcakes with the caramel. it's up to you :) Enjoy!
NotesOkay so I found a recipe on the internet that was "okay" but needed some work.
I liked it overall texture wise but it needed.. more. :)
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More