- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/8 cup rolled oats (optional) if you like the crunch/texture :)
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cold unsalted butter, diced into cubes
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 Granny Smith Apple, diced -save half for topping-
- 1/2 Tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Final Touch
- 1/2 Container of T Marzetti Apple Dip
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cream butter in mixer, then add sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy. Add eggs and beat another 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Alternate flour with milk into mixture. Starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Lightly fold one of the diced apples into the batter. Take an ice cream scoop and divide into muffin tins about 3/4 full Place remaining diced apple on top of cupcakes. Mix all ingredients for streusel topping by hand until lightly crumbly. You want a coarse texture.
- Top cupcakes with Streusel Topping Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat some T Marzetti Caramel Apple Dip and place into a piping bag (you can use a ziplock with the end snipped) and drizzle over your cupcakes. I also like to fill my cupcakes with the caramel. it's up to you :) Enjoy!
NotesOkay so I found a recipe on the internet that was "okay" but needed some work.
I liked it overall texture wise but it needed.. more. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More