- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 12 caramel cubes, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup prepared vanilla icing
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Combine 8 dinner rolls into a ball and roll into a 6x16-inch rectangle. Repeat with remaining rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- In a large bowl combine apples, caramels, brown sugar, 1/2 cup almonds, cinnamon and flour. Remove wrap from dough.
- Divide apple mixture equally between the two rectangles and spread down the center of each rectangle. Fold both edges of each rectangle over the filling, overlapping slightly, and pinch together to seal.
- Place both filled rectangles on a sprayed baking sheet and carefully braid them together. Press ends together. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 15-20 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Microwave vanilla icing for 10 seconds. Drizzle over twist and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of almonds.
NotesCelebrate Fall! Nothing says Autumn like caramel, apples and cinnamon. Try this delicious Caramel Apple Twist, your family will thank you.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More