CARAMEL APPLES CREAM AND WHITE CHOCOLATE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
Caramel Apples Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Cooking Time: 10 to 15
- Preparation Time: 60
- Ingredients For Filling
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 cup apples, peeled and cut into small cubes (I used 1 Winesap and 1 Fuji apple)
- 1/2 cup Chateau Morrisette Sweet Mountain Apple Wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm caramel apple bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Ingredients For Egg And Cream Coating
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Ingredients For Maple Cognac Whipped Cream
- Refrigerate a mixing bowl and beaters as this helps cream to come together faster and better
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- maple syrup or caramel for additional toppings (optional)
Directions For Filling
Heat oven to 300 degrees.
Chop pecans and place on a baking sheet.
Toast for 8 minutes.
Remove and let cool.
Pour wine over apples and soak.
Mix remaining ingredients.
If you have time let fruit soak for 30 minutes.
Then drain well onto a cloth or paper towel to remove access liquid.
Stir into cream cheese mixture and refrigerate while you prepare everything else.
Directions For Eggs and Cream
Whisk everything together in a bowl. Set aside.
Directions For Whipped Cream
Whip heavy cream on medium, then high until soft peaks form.
Add remaining items and continue beating until you have beautiful fluffy homemade whipped topping. Be careful not to beat too long or it will turn into butter.
Putting It All Together
Heat butter in a large skillet on medium.
Lay out slices of bread.
Distribute filling between 4 slices of the bread.
Top each with remaining slice.
Dip into egg batter and place into hot pan.
Cook until lightly browned on each side, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Cut into triangles or squares.
Spoon whipped cream over each section. This cream is not super sweet. If you want even more decadence, drizzle with maple syrup or caramel.
To see an amazing recipe for Pineapple Rum Pound Cake French Toast With A Pineapple Sage Syrup check out my irresistible rum cooking and cocktail recipes cookbook, 2 Shots Of Tasting, Toasting, And Tantalizing With Rum at my blog www.tipsyculinaryqueen.com
The wine soaked apples nestle in the tangy cream cheese and the white chocolate cream cheese adds an extra smooth richness. I left the apples raw instead of sauteing them first because I didn't want to add any moisture to the filling. So the apples are slightly crisp and the pecans crunch.
And then there's the Cognac whipped cream....:)