- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50 to 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf fresh white bread, cubed
- 4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 apples, peeled and cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. raisins
- Place cubed bread in a large mixing bowl and
- set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring the milk
- and butter to a simmer.
- In a large bowl combine
- the eggs, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg, whisking
- to blend.
- Slowly pour a steady stream of the heated milk into the egg mixture, whisking the entire time until fully mixed.
- Spread half of the bread cubes over the bottom of a 9 x 13 in.
- Layer with apple slices and raisins.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cubes, 1 cup at a time.
- Use a spatula to press down the layers until all
- the liquid is absorbed.
- Cover the bread pudding with foil or parchment paper, place on top rack of oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
NotesNOTE: If you don't like making the sauce,
you can buy the one used for ice cream topping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cooking with SabraSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More