- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50 to 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf fresh white bread, cubed
- 4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 apples, peeled and cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. raisins
- Place cubed bread in a large mixing bowl and
- set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring the milk
- and butter to a simmer.
- In a large bowl combine
- the eggs, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg, whisking
- to blend.
- Slowly pour a steady stream of the heated milk into the egg mixture, whisking the entire time until fully mixed.
- Spread half of the bread cubes over the bottom of a 9 x 13 in.
- Layer with apple slices and raisins.
- Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cubes, 1 cup at a time.
- Use a spatula to press down the layers until all
- the liquid is absorbed.
- Cover the bread pudding with foil or parchment paper, place on top rack of oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
NotesNOTE: If you don't like making the sauce,
you can buy the one used for ice cream topping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
50 Shades of Taste
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More