- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Streusel Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mini or 2/3 cup regular size semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter – melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drizzle Ingredients:
- 14 caramels – unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons half & half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 inch round springform pan with baking spray.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs; continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in all remaining cake ingredients.
- Spoon half of the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle half of streusel mixture over batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over streusel; top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife along sides of pan to loosen edge. Remove side of pan.
- Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine caramels and half & half (or milk) in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are completely melted (5 to 8 minutes).
- Cool until thick enough to drizzle nicely; drizzle warm (not hot!) caramel over cake.
NotesI found this recipe on the Cookie Madness blog and made it for the first time today. It's really very good! One note, I did not have any of the caramels on hand, but I did have some caramel ice cream sauce. I used that and it worked just fine! I also used a 10 inch pan, so it came out a little thinner. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we did.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More