- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Streusel Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mini or 2/3 cup regular size semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter – melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drizzle Ingredients:
- 14 caramels – unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons half & half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 inch round springform pan with baking spray.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs; continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in all remaining cake ingredients.
- Spoon half of the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle half of streusel mixture over batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over streusel; top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife along sides of pan to loosen edge. Remove side of pan.
- Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine caramels and half & half (or milk) in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are completely melted (5 to 8 minutes).
- Cool until thick enough to drizzle nicely; drizzle warm (not hot!) caramel over cake.
NotesI found this recipe on the Cookie Madness blog and made it for the first time today. It's really very good! One note, I did not have any of the caramels on hand, but I did have some caramel ice cream sauce. I used that and it worked just fine! I also used a 10 inch pan, so it came out a little thinner. I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we did.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes for Vitality
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Arugula and Corn Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and White Bean
Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage RecipeSee More