- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 qt popped Popcorn
- 1 c Spanish peanuts
- 4 T butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c light corn syrup
- 1/8 c Molasses
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts in a metal bowl or on a cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stirring over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Using a cooking thermometer bring the mixture to the hard boil stage (260).
- This will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- You will notice the mixture turning dark brown.
- Remove the popcorn and peanuts from the oven and working quickly, pour the caramel mixture in a fine stream over them.
- Then place them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix well every 5 minutes, so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Koken met OmaSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More