- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 qt popped Popcorn
- 1 c Spanish peanuts
- 4 T butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c light corn syrup
- 1/8 c Molasses
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts in a metal bowl or on a cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stirring over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Using a cooking thermometer bring the mixture to the hard boil stage (260).
- This will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- You will notice the mixture turning dark brown.
- Remove the popcorn and peanuts from the oven and working quickly, pour the caramel mixture in a fine stream over them.
- Then place them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix well every 5 minutes, so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More