- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 qt popped Popcorn
- 1 c Spanish peanuts
- 4 T butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c light corn syrup
- 1/8 c Molasses
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Combine the popcorn and peanuts in a metal bowl or on a cookie sheet and place in the preheated oven.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stirring over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Using a cooking thermometer bring the mixture to the hard boil stage (260).
- This will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- You will notice the mixture turning dark brown.
- Remove the popcorn and peanuts from the oven and working quickly, pour the caramel mixture in a fine stream over them.
- Then place them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix well every 5 minutes, so that all the popcorn is coated.
- Cool and store in a covered container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More