- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unpopped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large pot, heat oil over high heat.
- Add the unpopped popcorn.
- Moving the pan constantly, pop the corn.
- Remove from heat, place in a large baking pan, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Discard unpopped kernels.
- Mix sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt into a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture starts to boil.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour over the popped popcorn.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and put into a large bowl to cool.
Get Fit With Good Food!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More