- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 pies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 graham cracker crusts
- 1 cup butter (I use about 3/4 cup margarine)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (7 oz) pkg flake coconut
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) cool whip
- 1 (12 oz) jar caramel ice cream sauce
- Melt butter in skillet; add pecans and coconut and cook until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth; then fold in the cool whip.
- Layer 1/4 of cream cheese mixture in one graham cracker crust; layer 1/4 of the mixture in the 2nd pie crust; drizzel caramel sauce over the cream cheese mixture, drizzle sauce on 2nd pie; then top with the coconut-pecan mixture on both pies.
- You end up with the coconut-pecan mixture on the top of each pie and a nice, tall pie.
- You could add pecan halves or shaved chocolate topping or a dollop of cool whip and a cherry, if you like.
- Freeze until firm (about an hour).
- Remove from the freezer about five minutes before serving.
NotesCARAMEL CRUNCH PIE - (local 1st Place recipe in Johnson City Press 20+ years ago) This has been a family favorite for ages and the recipe that everyone asks for. VERY rich tasting
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More