- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 pies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 graham cracker crusts
- 1 cup butter (I use about 3/4 cup margarine)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (7 oz) pkg flake coconut
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) cool whip
- 1 (12 oz) jar caramel ice cream sauce
- Melt butter in skillet; add pecans and coconut and cook until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth; then fold in the cool whip.
- Layer 1/4 of cream cheese mixture in one graham cracker crust; layer 1/4 of the mixture in the 2nd pie crust; drizzel caramel sauce over the cream cheese mixture, drizzle sauce on 2nd pie; then top with the coconut-pecan mixture on both pies.
- You end up with the coconut-pecan mixture on the top of each pie and a nice, tall pie.
- You could add pecan halves or shaved chocolate topping or a dollop of cool whip and a cherry, if you like.
- Freeze until firm (about an hour).
- Remove from the freezer about five minutes before serving.
NotesCARAMEL CRUNCH PIE - (local 1st Place recipe in Johnson City Press 20+ years ago) This has been a family favorite for ages and the recipe that everyone asks for. VERY rich tasting
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Foodie BabySee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More