- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 pies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 graham cracker crusts
- 1 cup butter (I use about 3/4 cup margarine)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (7 oz) pkg flake coconut
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) cool whip
- 1 (12 oz) jar caramel ice cream sauce
- Melt butter in skillet; add pecans and coconut and cook until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth; then fold in the cool whip.
- Layer 1/4 of cream cheese mixture in one graham cracker crust; layer 1/4 of the mixture in the 2nd pie crust; drizzel caramel sauce over the cream cheese mixture, drizzle sauce on 2nd pie; then top with the coconut-pecan mixture on both pies.
- You end up with the coconut-pecan mixture on the top of each pie and a nice, tall pie.
- You could add pecan halves or shaved chocolate topping or a dollop of cool whip and a cherry, if you like.
- Freeze until firm (about an hour).
- Remove from the freezer about five minutes before serving.
NotesCARAMEL CRUNCH PIE - (local 1st Place recipe in Johnson City Press 20+ years ago) This has been a family favorite for ages and the recipe that everyone asks for. VERY rich tasting
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More