- Cooking Time: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 store bought German Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Devils Food Cake Mix for this one).
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick butter (1/2 cup) (melted)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I used semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips)
- 1 14 oz. package of caramels (you will need to unwrap 42 caramels)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take the cake mix put it in a mixing bowl to this add melted butter and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk. Mix this together until smooth.
- If using nuts fold them into this mixture.
- Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of this mixture onto the bottom of the pan, smooth mixture to an even layer.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over warm bottom layer.
- Melt the unwrapped caramels in the microwave with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Then pour this mixture over the chocolate chips. Then use the remaining dough and crumble it over the caramel and chocolate chip
NotesI found this recipe from the leftover queen on a food blog. They are amazing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More