CARAMEL FJORD BROWNIES
- Cooking Time: 6
- 1 store bought German Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Devils Food Cake Mix for this one).
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick butter (1/2 cup) (melted)
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I used semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips)
- 1 14 oz. package of caramels (you will need to unwrap 42 caramels)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Take the cake mix put it in a mixing bowl to this add melted butter and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk. Mix this together until smooth.
If using nuts fold them into this mixture.
Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
Spread 1/3 of this mixture onto the bottom of the pan, smooth mixture to an even layer.
Bake for 6 minutes.
Take pan out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over warm bottom layer.
Melt the unwrapped caramels in the microwave with 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
Then pour this mixture over the chocolate chips. Then use the remaining dough and crumble it over the caramel and chocolate chip