- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 18 about
- Preparation Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- 1 bag (14oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (I used low-fat, 'cause that was on hand)
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (I like adding it, you can leave it out)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa (I used Ghiradelli dark)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (any type of nut will do)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan (13x9).
- Heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat, remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, espresso powder, vanilla and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa and salt.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Gently and evenly drizzle melted caramel over batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and the oil in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; press in lightly.
- Cool 20 minutes on counter.
- Then transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares.
NotesI have been searching for these Caramel Brownies since Thanksgiving. I adjusted the recipe to fit my memory of how they tasted.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More