- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 18 about
- Preparation Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- 1 bag (14oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (I used low-fat, 'cause that was on hand)
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder (I like adding it, you can leave it out)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa (I used Ghiradelli dark)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (any type of nut will do)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan (13x9).
- Heat caramels and milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat, remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, espresso powder, vanilla and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa and salt.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chunks and 1 cup of the pecans.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Gently and evenly drizzle melted caramel over batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and the oil in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; press in lightly.
- Cool 20 minutes on counter.
- Then transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares.
NotesI have been searching for these Caramel Brownies since Thanksgiving. I adjusted the recipe to fit my memory of how they tasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More