- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 oz) package caramels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk!)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake mix as package directs.
- Pour 2 cups batter into greased 13x9-inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels and butter.
- Remove from heat and add sweetened condensed milk. Mix well.
- Spread caramel over cake, then spread remaining cake batter over caramel.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Jean’s Recipe File
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More