CARAMEL FUDGE CAKE
- Cooking Time: 30
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 oz) package caramels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk!)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare cake mix as package directs.
Pour 2 cups batter into greased 13x9-inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels and butter.
Remove from heat and add sweetened condensed milk. Mix well.
Spread caramel over cake, then spread remaining cake batter over caramel.
Top with pecans.
Bake 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.