- Cooking Time: 55 to 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter -- softened
- unsalted butter for greasing pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs -- beaten
- 1 1/4 cups very ripe bananas -- mashed
- 3/4 cup pecans -- coarsely chopped
- Caramel Sauce, cooled to room temperature
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- Into mixing bowl, sift together flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved, 2-3 minutes.
- Lower speed and add dry ingredients.
- When blended, add eggs and bananas and beat just a few seconds to incorporate.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread top evenly with rubber spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven until tester comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.
- When done, let cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Use icing spatula or table knit, spread enough of cooled caramel sauce over top of loaf to coat evenly. Heat any extra sauce just to warm and serve drizzled over slices of banana loaf.
- Loaf can be placed in airtight container and refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Yield: 1 Loaf
Breads and Pastry 101
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More