- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz egg yolks
- 4 oz sugar
- 2 pt milk
- 1 pt heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup caramal (see below)
- Combine milk and cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Heat over medium heat until just barely at a simmer. Mix yolks, salt, sugar and caramel.
- Add around a cup of the hot cream to the yolk mixture and mix well.
- Add yolk mix to the hot cream. Continue to cook until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat. Strain mix in a very fine strainer.
- Chill. Turn mix in ice cream freezer.
NotesPictured with chocolate chip pecan pie...recipe under the pie and tarts section.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More