- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz egg yolks
- 4 oz sugar
- 2 pt milk
- 1 pt heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup caramal (see below)
- Combine milk and cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Heat over medium heat until just barely at a simmer. Mix yolks, salt, sugar and caramel.
- Add around a cup of the hot cream to the yolk mixture and mix well.
- Add yolk mix to the hot cream. Continue to cook until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat. Strain mix in a very fine strainer.
- Chill. Turn mix in ice cream freezer.
NotesPictured with chocolate chip pecan pie...recipe under the pie and tarts section.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MetroCooking DC 2013
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce