- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces/1 stick/113g) butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pecan halves (for garnish)
- Coat two (9-inch/23cm) round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms with wax paper or parchment paper. Coat paper with cooking spray; dust with the 1 tablespoon flour.
- Beat granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lightly spoon 2 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; stir well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with 1 1/4 cups milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, and sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 30 minutes (If using non-stick or dark colored cake pans, bake at 325 degrees F (160 C), and bake for 25-27 minutes), or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Carefully peel off wax paper or parchment paper; cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost and garnish with pecan halves if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Nick's PicksSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More