- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 360
- o 18 chocolate sandwich cookies
- o 4 Tbsp stick butter, melted
- o 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- o 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- o 1⁄2 cup plus 3 Tbsp fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- o 1⁄2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- o 1 pkt unflavored gelatin
- o 3 bricks (8 oz each) cream cheese (not reduced-fat), softened
- o 11⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1. Coat an 8-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- 2. Pulse cookies in food processor until finely ground. Add butter; process to blend. Press over bottom of pan; wash and dry processor. Place pan in freezer while proceeding.
- 3. Put chocolate chips and coffee granules in a medium bowl. Stir in 1⁄2 cup boiling water and let stand 1 minute to melt chocolate and dissolve coffee. Add 1⁄2 cup caramel topping; whisk to blend well. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile sprinkle gelatin over 1⁄4 cup cold water in a small saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin completely dissolves and liquid is clear. Stir with a whisk into coffee mixture.
- 5. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low; beat in coffee mixture until well blended. Pour into crust, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until firm.
- 6. Beat cream and 2 Tbsp caramel topping in a medium bowl until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Remove pan sides; place cake on a serving plate. Spoon caramel cream on top; swirl.
- Spoon remaining Tbsp topping into a ziptop bag, snip tip off 1 corner and drizzle over cream.Planning Tip: Can be made through Step 5 up to 4 days ahead.
NotesIts a wonderful recipe and I make it at every family get together. I've been told it is one of the best cheesecakes they have tasted!