- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 360
- o 18 chocolate sandwich cookies
- o 4 Tbsp stick butter, melted
- o 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- o 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- o 1⁄2 cup plus 3 Tbsp fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- o 1⁄2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- o 1 pkt unflavored gelatin
- o 3 bricks (8 oz each) cream cheese (not reduced-fat), softened
- o 11⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1. Coat an 8-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
- 2. Pulse cookies in food processor until finely ground. Add butter; process to blend. Press over bottom of pan; wash and dry processor. Place pan in freezer while proceeding.
- 3. Put chocolate chips and coffee granules in a medium bowl. Stir in 1⁄2 cup boiling water and let stand 1 minute to melt chocolate and dissolve coffee. Add 1⁄2 cup caramel topping; whisk to blend well. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile sprinkle gelatin over 1⁄4 cup cold water in a small saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin completely dissolves and liquid is clear. Stir with a whisk into coffee mixture.
- 5. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low; beat in coffee mixture until well blended. Pour into crust, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or until firm.
- 6. Beat cream and 2 Tbsp caramel topping in a medium bowl until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Remove pan sides; place cake on a serving plate. Spoon caramel cream on top; swirl.
- Spoon remaining Tbsp topping into a ziptop bag, snip tip off 1 corner and drizzle over cream.Planning Tip: Can be made through Step 5 up to 4 days ahead.
NotesIts a wonderful recipe and I make it at every family get together. I've been told it is one of the best cheesecakes they have tasted!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
The Social Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More