- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramel candies
- 1 C miniature marshmallows
- 1 T water
- 5 or 6 small red delicious apples
- 5 or 6 heavy wooden skewers
- 1 C chopped peanuts
- 1 C toasted coconut
- melted chocolate
- waxed paper
- Line a large cookie sheet with buttered waxed pape, set aside.
- Wash and completely dry apples.
- Insert a stick through stems.
- If you plan on using peanuts or coconut to coat the candies apples, get them ready now by placing in a small bowl.
- Combine caramels, marshmallows and water in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramels melt.
- Cool slightly. Dip each apple in caramel mixture, coating evenly. Roll in peanuts or coconut if desired. Place on prepared sheet
- and refrigerate until firm.
- For variety drizzle with melted chocolate.