- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. pkg powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 14 oz. pkg. caramels
- 3 Tblsp. water
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Knead 10
- minutes or until smooth (mixture will be dry)
- Shape into 4 five inch logs. Cover & chill at least 3 hours.
- Unwrap caramels; combine caramels & water in a large skillet. Cook
- over medium heat until caramels melt; reduce heat to low, and stir
- until smooth.
- Working quickly with forks, roll each log in caramel mixture. Roll in
- pecans, pressing firmly to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Yield 4 five inch logs
- These are also good substituting chopped salted peanuts for pecans.
- An electric knife helps to cut logs into slices