- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Caramel Topping
- Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9X9X2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chocolate; heat and stir over low heat until melted.
- Add granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat lightly just until combined.
- Stir in flour and the 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Drizzle brownies with Caramel Topping and sprinkle with additional chopped nuts.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Caramel Topping: Unwrap all the vanilla caramels in a 6 1/4-ounce package. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and 2 tablespoons milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Makes: 16 brownies
- To Bake Ahead: Bake as directed; do not cut into bars.
- Cover pan; chill for up to 2 days.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More