- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and heavily grease a 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small heavy pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture is melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the pecans.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and sugar. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarsecrumbs.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup mix the milk and vanilla together. Pour over the flour mixture and blend just until the ingredients are moistened. Over mixing will cause the biscuits to toughen.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly 4 times. Over kneading will also cause the dough to toughen, so just knead gently.
- Pat the dough out to a circle that is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out 18 biscuits with a 2 inch cutter. Carefully arrange the biscuits over the caramel mixture in the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a large platter or bakingsheet.
- Cut and serve hot, or serve at room temperature
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More