- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 81 servings
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes + chilling
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat; stir in the cookie crumbs. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan , melt caramels and remaining butter over low heat. Stir in the pecans. Pour over crust. Cool.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- Let candy stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.
NotesSweet and chewy, these yummy layered squares are a great sweet treat. I have also made this recipe in a 9-inch pie pan and cut it in very small pieces. They're so rich, you'll savor every bite.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More