- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter -- cut into chunks
- Mix cream cheese and cream in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place sugar and water in heavy, medium saucepan over low heat, swirling pan
- occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil until syrup
- turns a rich brown color.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cream cheese
- mixture - it will bubble vigorously.
- Whisk in butter.
- Use warm as a sauce or let cool to room temperature and use as a glaze or icing. (Caramel
- sauce can be made 5 days ahead and refrigerated. Reheat, stirring over low heat, when using as a sauce).
- Makes 3/4 cup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking for a Cure
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More