- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter -- cut into chunks
- Mix cream cheese and cream in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Place sugar and water in heavy, medium saucepan over low heat, swirling pan
- occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and boil until syrup
- turns a rich brown color.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cream cheese
- mixture - it will bubble vigorously.
- Whisk in butter.
- Use warm as a sauce or let cool to room temperature and use as a glaze or icing. (Caramel
- sauce can be made 5 days ahead and refrigerated. Reheat, stirring over low heat, when using as a sauce).
- Makes 3/4 cup.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More