- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Stir sugar, water, and lemon juice in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add in cream (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Return to low heat; stir until any bits of caramel dissolve.
- Add butter; whisk until smooth. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Italian Exchange
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More