- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Stir sugar, water, and lemon juice in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add in cream (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Return to low heat; stir until any bits of caramel dissolve.
- Add butter; whisk until smooth. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More