- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Stir sugar, water, and lemon juice in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add in cream (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Return to low heat; stir until any bits of caramel dissolve.
- Add butter; whisk until smooth. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More