- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 1/4 cup flour until evenly crumbly.
- Press into 9" square baking pan.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes.
- Pour over baked crust (warm or cool).
- Cool until it begins to firm.
- Melt chocolate and pour over caramel layer.
- Cover the layer completely.
- Chill. Cut into squares (small because it is rich).
- Makes 16 servings
NotesI love shortbread cookies, and adding my own twist to an old favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More