- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 1/4 cup flour until evenly crumbly.
- Press into 9" square baking pan.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes.
- Pour over baked crust (warm or cool).
- Cool until it begins to firm.
- Melt chocolate and pour over caramel layer.
- Cover the layer completely.
- Chill. Cut into squares (small because it is rich).
- Makes 16 servings
NotesI love shortbread cookies, and adding my own twist to an old favorite!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More