- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe Pate Sucre
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
- 2/3 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbl. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 c walnut halves
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Prepare tart shell and place in 9" tart pan. Chill 20-30 minutes.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil syrup in a covered pan without stirring; wash down sides with pastry brush, until it begins to turn golden.
- Carefully add cream and return pan to heat.
- Add butter, honey, and salt stirring until butter has melted and the mixture Is smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and simmer, uncovered over medium heat, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Fill tart shell with cooled walnut mixture spreading evenly. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet until crust is golden, about 25 minutes. Cool.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over tart
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Adventures in CookingSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More